These pictures were taken and uploaded a while back, but i will journal and share and later show you more. I know, i know you all don't believe me. Dave and others built a front porch for me back in November. I say 'for me' because i've been asking for one for 17 years and i don't remember Dave ever pining for one, so i feel pretty special to be given this luxury. In fact, as he was still working on it i came out to investigate one of the kids' actions and then i proceeded to yell out orders from my perch. After i'd settled the matter, i turned to Dave with glee and said "i feel like a queen on her throne!" His response was laced with anxiety as he asked:"what have i gotten us into!" I love my porch!
The back porch/patio is more or less his. He designed and built the patio around the existing screened in porch back in 2002. Now he made a new porch and will rearrange to patio a bit. He saved some gorgeous furniture from Vintage Gardens and this will be a family paradise next summer.Most of this backside is newly painted with our new colors. The rest will patiently wait until Spring.
A better view after construction is cleaned up. These days i have a new picture window, too, so keep watching. I just want to make sure that you have a taste of the old, so that you will appreciate the new with me!
Remember this picture? The bathroom in September.....................
The bathroom in December! Not bad, huh? Britt picked the paint color, and we 4 females shopped together for towels and decor. Still a few touches to be made......
This is Josiah's new room. It's a portion of what was Meg and Brooke's huge room before we left for OR. We added a bit to our upstairs and were able to split a large room into two medium-sized rooms, thus having 3 rooms upstairs. Previously Josiah slept on the first floor, across the hall from Dave and I.
What fine restaurant with outdoor seating, you ask? That's our fireside porch set. Another piece Dave 'saved' for us. Actually, i think we'd sell it still since it's not exactly what we had in mind for here. In the meantime, it is gorgeous, especially with the snow.This post is dated way back the day i uploaded the pics, before all the rest of my pictures got loaded to Dave office computer when we switched to a new one for me. Now Dave's office is not even close to being luxurious. It's hardly even comfortable and i have been avoiding it like the plague. I know if i go out there, i'll start cleaning and i do not really want to clean my way to my pictures. so in the meantime...........i'm without all pictures taken before December '09.
I'll put on my ( actually they're Dave's) muck boots sooner or later and figure out how to transport them back into the house. Note: i'm not delighted with this situation.
Thanks for reading. Let me know if you care.
love the outdoor chantelier (sp?) & the 'new & improved' porch/patio! i'm a little 'green!' :)
ReplyDeletei care! =) i love when you post. your place is beautiful.
ReplyDeletehey, i care and i love it. can't wait til your birthday party :-) njd
ReplyDeleteyour house is beautiful, Lill! I especially love the outdoor snowy patio with the chandellier. have a good weekend with the girls . Marla
ReplyDeleteWe CARE!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLove the job the boys have done as well as the girls decorating scheme...very chic. (is that how you spell it? Jamey thinks it looks like chick...)
Love reading/seeing your updates!!!
Hugs, Tracy & Jamey
I always love to see the real life "updates" on the house as well as the posts. I like both of your porches and the bathroom green.
ReplyDeleteI love the porch/patio and that green in the bathroom is cool! I should tell my sister Sara I want to come and see your nice house sometime when i come to PA
ReplyDeleteLinda
well i almost quit looking for the updates but thought today i'll check again.:) sure enough it is so nice and it seems now like you are still there. lou
ReplyDelete