Chad, the family electrician, ( he could be yours,too) put heat down before the tile was laid. For most of Dave and I's years together we've burned wood in our basement and thus have cozy warm floors. We still will, thanks to the heat that Chad claims "will only cost you pennies". ( AFTER today, that is)
Philip, the family tile guy, ( he could be yours,too) cleans for the third time!! Thanks to the picky lady homeowner that unfornunately is at home, and watching, during the job!
Me, Lil, the family painter, ( she can NOT be yours,too) painting before the cabinets come.
Many, many evening looked like this! All three brothers within the same range of my little lens. "The family that....lives close to each other, gets a phone call"!!!! These three live within a mile of each other and they sure do make good use of the convenience. What a blessing. Their Mom in the background sure sets the example!!!
Mommie Nissley and Megan take all the tape and stickers off the new fridge and clean it for me! And that's Dave over there, hooking up my temporary sink because my new one is on back order for who knows how long!
Fresh bread from my new oven.......fun!fun!
I recently purchased these bowls at an auction. They look like they were never used, certainly never in a dishwasher! I love, love this era of Pyrex bowls. I've also added a brown one since this photo shoot.
So...my kitchen is quite functional inspite of little to no counter top.
We absolutely love our dining room in this new location! The big set of windows allows for lots of scenery during mealtime or otherwise. I will continue to take better pictures as things progress.Gotta go, bread's rising, cookie dough waiting.
I love the things that have happened to your house so far, and I love being "close" so that I can stick my nose in to take a look whenever I'm curious about the next step, or the back-step, or retracing of steps, or whatever you wanna call all the re-do's of paint and more! You said you *won't* be a painter for anyone else, which is a really sad thing. I had you all lined up (in my mind) for if and when the day ever comes that we build or buy a house. But if/when that day ever comes, maybe your house memories will be distant enough that you'll reconsider for me!! Right? Ok, good.
ReplyDeleteSeriously, you guys are doing a lovely job, and I just can't wait til the rest is finished and we can come sit in a Living Room once again!
Shelly, For you i will ALWAYS be "just a phone call away" with my paint brush. We SIL's can be just like 'the brothers' in that way! I, too, cannot wait for a livingroom to sit in!!!
ReplyDeletelooks good. I will be ready and waiting to enjoy your new kitchen and dining room whenever we get an invite. Or maybe before. Or maybe we'll plan a weekend visit and then back out the day before. See you in a week or so.
ReplyDeleteYou and Dave have blessed me many many times by living close, its a gift from God. I love you all. Mom
ReplyDelete