
We had our kitchen installed in March, but my under mount stainless steel sink was on back order til who-knows-when. Well, i now know.......mid-June!! I was told that it would be worth the wait and i can now say that it was! I LOVE this sink. ( in the meantime i had my old sink balanced across the counter with a scrap piece of Formica) It is seamless and stream line, no fuss, simple, just the way i like it. I also love the counter-top. Simply Formica with Corian seamed into the front for smooth edges.

It's dark, doesn't show the dirt. It has some texture and a slight shine, that made me nervous, but it's quite nice.

I paid $1 for this little stool at my aunt's auction. Maybe i will re-finish it. I found upholstery pins at an antique shop in Oregon, just now, but they were so inflated that i am considering keeping them for my kids to re-sale. The original price on the little pack was 15 cents, but i had to pay $1.50!!! Do the math! And i bought 2 packs. They could possibly pay for my grandkids' college?

My favorite purchase is this Quartz island top! And we scored 100% on paint choice,too. Love it!!!

This is where i live and breathe. I love baking bread, making yogurt, eating muesli, chatting on the phone, flipping eggs, flipping pancakes, pouring coffee, making strawberry jam, talking with Dave, watching the sun come up, ( that's a joke, but i am told that left window points East and i once read that's where she rises)making smoothies, getting tile to shine, fixing lunches, cooking up dinner, making pudding for Dave when he finishes another major project, ( i define major)preparing snacks for the kids, helping the girls wash dishes, ( yes, we are THERE!)and i love folding laundry on the island counter. It's so smooth and beautiful. Sometimes i windex it just for giggles. I'd love having you over. I'd serve coffee and if you're really lucky, a biscotti! I'm very thankful for my new kitchen. It's not grandeur, just simple, practical, and quite useful. It's so me and i like it.
Love your kitchen and it sounds like we like doing the same sort of thing. When I have a mountain of things to do I find myself in my kitchen...
ReplyDeleteYour beautiful kitchen just makes it even *easier* and *more inviting* than *EVER* to come over and eat and talk and stuff. =) You've taught me many a thing about food and other important things in life in or around this area. Thanks!
ReplyDeletelovely kitchen! is yogurt-making easy as in easy-peasy?!
ReplyDeletei love love love your sink too from just lookin at the pix. and of course b/c i know you like it i firmly believe i would too.lou
ReplyDelete