Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Another Project Complete

 Dave always planned to insert this grotto and had even framed it out behind the drywall, for just the day when he has spare time and an itch to create dirt beauty. Together we chose the tile and all alone he put it up. Together we chose the grout and all alone he slopped and smeared it on and in the cracks. Together we cleaned the kitchen and together we enjoy this new addition everyday. Notice the beautiful walnut shelf. The wood is from a childhood tree off the Nissley farm. Dave is having library shelves made from it and simply went and snatched a small piece for this shelf. He then cut it to perfection and stained and installed it,too. He really did a superb job here and is quite pleased with himself! We all know he has many talents, but this project opened up a new tab on his resume.
 He also bought a matching pendulum light way back when he bought the island lights and now it is in its rightful place. The light switch was there all along. More days than not i forget i even have a stove light, until i'm annoyed at how dark the area is, then a lightbulb goes off in my head and..........i laughed just now even if you didn't! The Swiss Diamond pan is on the stove most days. It's how we cook our eggs. It's the best pan Dave ever bought. Never pass up a good deal on Swiss Diamond when you see one!


 Dave also installed the backsplash.

 I'm thrilled we added that. I liked the simplicity before, but i like this look better.

 My little-black-praying-coal-girl graces my window sill. My mom and dad brought her back from WV for me when i was little girl.
 The Spring is gorgeous here and this morning we are having a much needed rain shower.

Baseball season is in full swing and i will post pictures soon. If i'm willing to blog again, i need to space out my posts, right?! ( i tend to be whole hog or none here, stick with me, tho) Library shelves coming soon,too!

2 comments:

  1. Eight months or so since the last post . . . yeah, i'd say you get a prize. Let's see, how 'bout more snacks and candy from your local market stand. No wait, I've got it . . . the yogurt parfait from the cafe: I'm getting too impatient to win this summer's bet, so let's go have one now. ;) Anywho I still love all the changes around your place and I still love to stop in. Oh, and I'll take any leftover walnut boards for my place over here, seeing as your husband's childhood tree would also be my husband's childhood tree. {Too bad I didn't drag off the pine that was recently cut to it's death for the sake of a beautiful oil tank.} OK, gotta go. Tho it may not appear so, I really don't have time on my hands to be writing random stuff here. Good bye. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your beatiful new kitchen!!!
    i need a new "egg pan" tell me more about Swiss Diamond!?
    and as far as i'm concerned...you can blog "whole hog"!:)

    ReplyDelete