Friday, May 14, 2010

Bedroom/Bathroom

Here's a peek into the Master Bed and Bath.

I fell in love with this lamp at TJ Maxx, bought it with gift money ( thanks,Shelly!), and then had to match the rest of the room around it. Dumb idea that eventually ended in perfect harmony.
I love the bed, i love the paint, i love the bedding, love the lamp, love the little birdie.........
.....i just love the whole room. That's how it's suppose to be,right?
Add ImageAnd in the bathroom....Dave chose the copper bowl. I will need to learn how to care for it.
He also chose the charming hardware. It's a good thing our water pressure is mild!

I saw this at the deserted Vintage Gardens and it really wanted a good home so i kindly brought it home.
Home Depot and Lowes had nothing that Dave liked, but he found this gorgeous light (and more) at a small 'Mom and Pop' store.

Dave designed the vanity made by Kauffman Enterprise and we chose a granite top to match.
Mr. Phil, the tile guy, took us to one of his suppliers where we chose this 'Suede' tile. Tile floor? Cold for a bathroom you say? Never fear, it's heated just like the kitchen. Even now in the middle of May i have it set to warm..... just because i can. Don't tell Dave! He'd probably say that's an unnecessary use of electricity. But Chad, the electrician, said "pennies a day"!!But even so, don't tell him. The less he knows the easier my life(style) is.
So here's the whole picture. It's kinda hard to take a full shot of a long skinny room, but i wanted to show you. The walk in closet is to my left, but pictures are not included.

We keep chugging along, alittle here, alittle there.

5 comments:

  1. comfy, comfy looking room (sh-don't tell, but i keep secrets, too!)...good taste!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your room too, and I'm certainly glad *you* do since you haf-ta sleep in it. I guess all the paint layers and stuff finally worked out into something really nice, huh? Imagine if you had to sleep in that first gold color, or was it "calf you-know-what" or ??? We *tried* to make you feel semi good about that one didn't we? Anyway, glad you went with your gut and like your room now. I really, really like your bathroom too. Nice job, designers, "mom & pop store" shoppers, Vintage thieves, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice. i can't believe you didn't include pictures of your shower. i love the tile in there.
    your bedroom colors are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lil- I have enjoyed your pics of the house updates. Beautiful changes! If you should ever need anyone to "watch" of your house while you take a trip- we'd be happy to do it again. I wish I could see your place in person. Enjoy your "new" home! Charmaine

    ReplyDelete
  5. lil-
    i am so far behind on your blog!! i couldn't find it for awhile...but you linked it on FB today & now i'm catching up! I LOVE ALL OF YOUR REMODELS!!!! i love your bedroom. i've read & can testify that one of the best ways to "decorate" a room is to find something that you love like a comforter or curtains or your lamp in this case...& find things to coordinate w/it. i really really like your lamp btw! & you have a heated floor?? great for you! our upstairs bath is tiled & so frigid cold on the feet (almost all year long) so i'm pretty sure you will NEVER regret that move! -Ang

    ReplyDelete